- Oil and Propane
- Price Protection Plans
- Business Services
Rebates and Credits for Energy Upgrades
We want you to enjoy efficiency and comfort with incentives to help you upgrade your fuel oil or electric heating appliances to Propane. Below is a list of current incentives available to Downeast Energy customers.
- $300 customer credit for conversion of electric or oil fired hot water heaters to propane.
- $300 customer credit for conversion of electric heating system or oil fired boiler or furnace to propane.
- $300 customer credit towards the removal of your old oil tank when converting central heating appliance to propane.
- Certain restrictions apply. Rebate amounts applied as a customer credit only. Equipment purchased or installed by others than Downeast Energy requires proof of purchase. Oil tank credit requires 5 year supply agreement and proof of disposal from a licensed vendor. Rebates must be requested within 60 days of installation. Downeast Energy reserves the right to reverse or withdraw credits due to changes in eligibility.
The Propane Gas Association of New England has rebates available toward the safe installation of new propane hot water and heating systems when switching from oil or electricity. Contact Downeast Energy for your eligibility into the program.
- $300 towards the installation of a propane fueled hot water heater
- Additional $300 for the installation of a propane fueled heating system
- Subject to rules and availability of PGANE funding
The Efficiency Maine program offers financing towards upgrading your heating system, weatherizing your home, or making other improvements to lower your energy bills.
- Receive up to $25,000 with 4.99% APR financing and no closing fees
- Make low monthly payments
- Offset the cost of your loan through your energy savings
ENERGY EFFICIENT HEATING SYSTEMS
An older heating system at 75% or less efficiency is costing you money and may be worth upgrading or replacing. Consider a new system operating at 83%-86% efficiency. We can show you which model is best for your home.